About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
Bred, raised, educated and life long Floridian, and proud of it. E-mail at one(dot)legged(dot)old(dot)fat(dot)man(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Green Goddess...



My mom used to make a whole meal salad that was well as remember to die for. I t was nothing except lettuce with sliced radish, cucumber and tomato, to which she added a small can of baby peas and tuna (both well drained). She used bottled Green Goddess Dressing, oh it was good…

You can of course fiddle around with the recipe Garbonzo Bean instead of peas, shrimp instead of tuna, that kind of stuff, but what makes it special is the Green Goddess Dressing.

I haven't seen Green Goddess Dressing in a long time at the grocery, I'm told they still make it, but I can't find it. I've also tried several recipes for it, they where tasty, but not what I remembered…

Messing around I found the old Green Goddess taste with the following recipe…

Green Goddess Salad Dressing

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 cup Buttermilk
1 ripe and soft Avocado

Peel and mash the Avocado until you get a creamy texture, add the buttermilk and dressing packet, mix well and let stand a few minutes so the tastes mingle well. You have Green Goddess Salad Dressing.

Enjoy!

No comments: